Raise needed funds for your school, organization or website — and support your community — through sharing information about quality, nature-education resources:
Your community already depends upon you for nature-based information. Now you can earn a 10% commission on their purchases of great nature resources, such as our newest “classic,” Coyote's Guide to Connecting with Nature, and the Kamana Naturalist Training Program, the best-known home-study nature course available. Your community will choose from a growing assortment of over 200 educational resources, including other original works, such as the Advanced Bird Language CD set, and a wide selection of incredible resources from other outstanding naturalists and educators.
Excellent earning potential
Our website orders are often $100 - $200 — which means you could earn $10 - $20 for just one sale!!
Simple to set up, 1-2-3
Follow the easy steps below, and open the door to ongoing funding for your own work — all through a click from a web page…
Once you have completed the setup, send an email to your community, letting them know of this opportunity to support your work through their purchases. You may be surprised at how many of them already shop at our store, and take advantage of regular sales and specials, with product bundles and free shipping for US orders of $99 and over.
How it works
Becoming a Wilderness Awareness School Affiliate is simple and it's free — in fact, we pay you!
1. Create a new account, and click “Save”.
2. In My Account, you'll find your Affiliate URL Link, the Affiliate-coded link to our Nature Store homepage.
3. Use your URL Link to link from a high-visibility spot on your website and eNewsletters to the homepage of our Nature Store.* ...It's that easy!
*Ready to really roll in the funding?
4. Set up the Ultimate One-Stop Shop! Set up your own Store page on your website and dedicated space in your eNewsletter, using our custom template below. Clean and compelling, your community will be happy to support your work by clicking through to shop. Just follow the step-by-step instructions below!
Your community will now connect to our store through your Affiliate-coded links. Our Nature Store cart will automatically track all sales that are made during their visit, no matter how many pages visited during shopping. (You can also customize an Affiliate-coded link to any page in our Nature Store - email ProductSales@WildernessAwareness.org for a spreadsheet of commonly used URLs with your Affiliate coding already included.)
We run our Affiliate payments monthly. When your earnings tally to above $25, we'll send you a check. You can log in to your Affiliate Account and see your latest commission Balance.
Affiliate Template Preview
- Create a new page on your website (i.e. "Store") and link to it in your website's main navigation.
- Select the code below and copy it. Paste it in the body of your site's new Store page.
- Change the [Your Organization] text to the name of your organization.
Copy your Affiliate URL Link and paste it into the eight (8) links in the code which need it.
Your Affiliate URL Link will look like this:
As you examine the code on your new page, you will see 8 instances of: [YOUR_AFFILIATE_URL_LINK_HERE] When you see this code, highlight it and replace it with your Affiliate URL Link
Example URL Before:
Example URL After:
- Example URL Before:
- Your Affiliate URL Link will look like this:
- The code below should fit easily in your website's body and will conform to its style!
Affiliate Template Code
1. Great Store Template: Add a page to your website and paste the code for our affiliate template (above), placing links to it in high-traffic areas throughout your site. Make sure you use your Affiliate URL Link for all links in the template code. Using this template will enhance both the service and the look of your website.
2. Pre-selling Performs: You will generate more online commissions by "pre-selling" our items. For example, you might send a special announcement newsletter for your community list about nature awareness, and mention Coyote’s Guide and Kamana as great tools. Make sure they know that sales will benefit your work, and how to use your link to visit our store.
You’ll have the best results by writing quality updates, articles or blogs and seamlessly weaving in the destination of the URLs with your subject matter. Folks are more likely to click on the link that way, than if you rely solely on graphics or banner-ads.
3. Create Keywords: You will get more hits on your Web pages by writing great content pages featuring keywords people are searching for. If they search for "bird language," and find your page, not only do you draw traffic to your site, you also have a chance to make commission for selling Advanced Bird Language in CD or MP3 through your Affiliate-coded links.
This general agreement is made out to you (the affiliate) from Wilderness Awareness School. It contains the complete terms and agreements of the affiliate program. Please Note: "we", "us", and "our" refers to Wilderness Awareness School and "you", "yours", "your" refers to the applicant. The term of this agreement will begin once you are accepted into the Wilderness Awareness School affiliate program and will end upon notice of termination from either you or Wilderness Awareness School.
Rights and Restrictions
1. We reserve the right to accept or reject any affiliate we review. All new affiliate requests will be reviewed and decided upon within 24-48 hours. In the event that we have opted to accept or reject your acceptance as an affiliate we will notify you by e-mail within this 24-48 hour time frame. Wilderness Awareness School will exercise their own discretion during the decision making process and may decide to decline any application we see necessary.
2. The affiliate account may be cancelled by Wilderness Awareness School at any time for any reason we feel appropriate. This is usually the result of slander, mis-representation made to us, spam e mail used to promote the affiliate, posting Wilderness Awareness School links on unapproved websites, uploading affiliate code through the use of unapproved methods, or sites that we feel might bring Wilderness Awareness School disrepute, etc. An issued warning letter in the form of e-mail, fax or letter will be sent first. If no reparations have been made, then the affiliates account with Wilderness Awareness School will be terminated. 2.2 All affiliates may cancel their account with Wilderness Awareness School at any time and for any reason.
Access to Account Management Services
3. Immediately after your acceptance into the Wilderness Awareness School affiliate program you will be e mailed links, passwords and the related information necessary to gain access to your control panel. From here you may manage your account and set its parameters. We suggest you keep these invaluable links in a safe place and in a place that is easily accessible by you. If for any reason you lose this information we will be able to re-send it to you.
Use of Graphics and Links and Limitations of Use
4.1 Only html code and approved linking information is to be used for the affiliates website. Failure to do so will result in misappropriated commissions. All of the links, graphics, and account management information will be provided to the affiliate after their acceptance into the program. In no way is the affiliate to use graphics or links not approved by Wilderness Awareness School.
4.2 Once a viewer clicks on an affiliate link and places an order with Wilderness Awareness School that viewer becomes the sole customer of Wilderness Awareness School. The affiliate will not have access to the customers account information, contact information, and will not be allowed communicate with customer in regards to their order/s placed with Wilderness Awareness School. Wilderness Awareness School is responsible for all customer service, fulfillment, processing, shipping and after-order inquiries made with the customer.
4.3 This agreement does not constitute a joint venture, partnership, franchise, or other representative business of Wilderness Awareness School. The affiliate is being paid as an independent contractor and in no way is this to be interpreted as representation or endorsement by Wilderness Awareness School.
4.4 Wilderness Awareness School may at any time refuse any particular link, text or referring graphic used to forward a viewer to the Wilderness Awareness School website. Only approved links, banners, graphics and text may be used.
4.5 The use of Wilderness Awareness School affiliate links, or links referring to a particular affiliate link is strictly prohibited through the use of junk mail, email server programs, spam, hit distribution networks, pay-per-click programs, or through mass distribution in chat rooms, etc. Wilderness Awareness School holds sole discretion on what is termed as "inappropriate use" and may at any time close an account if we are given information on inappropriate use.
5. We welcome affiliates from the international community but payouts to international affiliates from Wilderness Awareness School will be made with a company check drawn in US funds. There are NO exceptions. If you are unable to accept a US drawn check made payable with US funds then we will be unable to pay you the commission earned and your account will be terminated.
6. Monthly payouts will be made for all commissions earned. All monthly commission payouts will be made during the first week of every month. EXAMPLE: For commissions earned in January, we will send payment the first week in February. There is a $25 minimum amount required for payout.
6.2 The commission to the affiliates is based on 10% of the subtotal for each order. You will not receive a commission on shipping charges.
6.3 Commissions can be voided within your account for reasons which we will feel are appropriate. This is usually the result of fraudulent orders, excessive clicks from the same IP address, declines from the referred customers credit card, or other reasons that facilitate garnishment of commission. In the event that this occurs you will be notified immediately.
Fraudulent Orders and Orders Outstanding
7. It is possible that we may receive an order that is ill legitimate and fraudulent. This usually takes place with a stolen or dispossessed credit card. In the event that we receive an order, which we have conclusive evidence of being fraudulent, we will cancel the order entirely and decommission your account for the 10%. If this is to occur you will be notified immediately.
7.2 Wilderness Awareness School reserves the right to decide whether or not a viewer from your site will be serviced, sold to or otherwise catered to.
Grant of License and Restricted Use
8. Wilderness Awareness School grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable right to use our banners, advertisements, links, trademarks, logos, and HTML used solely for the purpose of advertising the Wilderness Awareness School website.
8.1 Wilderness Awareness School holds sole editorial discretion on how links are worded, or described on the affiliates site. Wilderness Awareness School is not responsible for the creation of the links, which may be posted on your site and will only be involved surrounding editorial review. You also agree to fully cooperate to work with Wilderness Awareness School to maintain and manage links.
8.2 All content on the affiliates website including links, banners, text, etc, leading to any or all content within the Wilderness Awareness School website is the sole responsibility of the affiliate.
8.3 If Wilderness Awareness School believes that fraudulent clicks have been recorded within your account as a result of masking links, multiple clicks or through embedding the code in a hidden fashion within your pages, or if the commission links have been exploited in any other way, we reserve the right to cancel any or all commissions and if necessary, close the account.
9. Once an affiliate has accrued over $450.00 dollars in commission payouts we must request and receive the social security number of the affiliate who is receiving payments from Wilderness Awareness School. The IRS requires us to submit a 1099 tax form for contracted business services and because the affiliate is paid and recognized as a "contractor" this information needs to be accurately gathered and submitted to the IRS. In the event that an affiliate fails to provide this information or wishes to omit this information the affiliates account will be terminated.
Changes To This Agreement
10. Wilderness Awareness School may change the wording and structure of these terms at any time. When a change to these terms and agreements occurs all affiliates will be notified within 24 hours.
11. Your privacy is a major concern for Wilderness Awareness School. We will not sell, disperse, trade or otherwise decimate your account information to any organization outside of Wilderness Awareness School.
12. Wilderness Awareness School does not make any guarantees on the ability of the affiliate programs ability to generate income for the affiliate or applicant. We are exempt from all warranty, including, traffic generated, revenue earned, and functionality of the affiliate program.
Limitations of Liability
14. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU WITH RESPECT TO ANY SUBJECT MATTER OF THIS AGREEMENT UNDER ANY CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF REVENUE OR GOODWILL OR ANTICIPATED PROFITS OR LOST BUSINESS), EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. FURTHER, NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED IN THIS AGREEMENT, IN NO EVENT SHALL WELLNESSWALLCHARTS.COM CUMULATE LIABILITY TO YOU ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, TORT OR OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY, EXCEED THE TOTAL COMMISSION FEES PAID TO YOU UNDER THIS AGREEMENT.
Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Wilderness Awareness School and its employees, representatives, officers, agents and affiliates, against any and all claims, suits, actions, or other proceedings brought against Wilderness Awareness School based on or arising from any claim (i) That our use of any material provided by you infringes on any copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or any other intellectual property right of any third party, or (ii) Resulting from your breach of this Agreement or resulting from your breach of any third party intellectual property right or misappropriation of any material, or resulting from any of your defamatory, libelous act or resulting from your violation of any third party right of publicity or privacy. You will pay any and all costs, damages, and expenses, including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys' fees and costs awarded against or otherwise incurred by Wilderness Awareness School in connection with or arising from any such claim, suit, action, or proceeding.